Learn to paraglide with Peak to Peak Paragliding. Offering paragliding lessons for beginners through advanced training, tandem flights and powered paragliding lessons. We offer both private and group rates and schedule our classes at YOUR convenience.
Contact Us or call 303.817.0803 to start learning to paraglide!
Ways to Learn to Paraglide
- Introductory Group Course, which is typically 2 or 3 sessions (approximately 3-4 hrs each), which takes you through lessons in ground school & your initial solo flight (weather permitting).
- Beginner Group Course can be taken in lieu of Introductory course and takes you through your first 3 solo flights. Depending on weather and student fitness, this class is usually completed in 3 to 4 sessions (up to 4 hours each).
- Novice (P2) Group Course continues the education of the pilot to the point at which the pilot is prepared to fly without the supervision of an instructor. This is the minimum rating required by the U.S. Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (USHPA) to fly a paraglider on your own (without supervision of an instructor). Course pre-requisite is either the Beginner Course or the Introductory Course listed above.
- Intermediate (P3) & (P4) Group Paragliding Courses designed to help novice (P2) students through more advance skills. Pilots have 18 months in which to complete the program.
- Combined Introductory & Novice (P1/P2) Paragliding Course (offered as two week intensive or up to one year to complete) for the individual who knows that they want to fly paragliders and is ready to head straight for their Novice or P2 certification right from the start. Slightly better rate by signing up and paying for the entire course series up front.
- Powered Paragliding (Paramotoring) lessons are offered year-round. Students must purchase lessons and gear from Peak to Peak Paragliding in order to learn. Final cost dependent on gear selected. We sell mostly new but some used gear. Please email us for further information and see our online store for just some of the motors and gear we offer.
- Refresher Course Options for 3 or 5 sessions. You may sign up for the intro or the beginner class (pricing the same) and we will work on what you need and adjust pricing accordingly. All instruction is individualized for the student’s needs/skills.
1. What we provide. Peak to Peak Paragliding will provide the student with all of the required paragliding equipment during initial classes (including gliders, harnesses, radios, and helmets) if selected.
2. What you provide. Student should dress according to the weather, and bring water/fluids, snacks, gloves, boots and a great attitude to learn.
3. Welcome & Forms: Once you have signed up for class, find the welcome letter on the forms page. Follow the instructions in this letter and contact us with questions.
Kay Tauscher is the owner and operator of Peak to Peak Paragliding. She is also the advanced instructor for Peak to Peak Paragliding. Kay is a proud member of the NOVA Pilot Team, based out of Terfens, Austria (photos below).
She is joined at peak season by fellow instructor Lawrence Wallmann, another advanced United States Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (USHPA) advanced instructor. Collectively they have over 20 years of paragliding instruction between them, along with an excellent safety record. They share a vision for excellence in instruction and safety and make a great team.