P1-P2 Paragliding Class
The Beginner-Novice or P1-P2 Paragliding Class is designed for the individual who know they want to learn to paraglide solo and are ready to jump in completely. Our classes are offered in southeastern Colorado and/or northern New Mexico between April 1st and September 15th each year. Course prices are good for one year from date of purchase. During the remaining months we offer guided tours all over the world as well as concentrated P1/P2 classes in a variety of places.
Our course cost includes:
- Initial rental of paragliding equipment until we get you set up with your own gear (we sell both new and used gear and like our students to be on their OWN gear as soon as possible so you can get used to it while learning.
- Guidance & oversight and grading of the P1 & P2 USHPA tests
- Theory & field instruction to complete the course
- $200 discount on gear when purchased with the entire package of lessons in the beginning
The PLUS package includes things you need prior to beginning the course:
- Your instruction Manual (a $40 book)
- A basic paragliding helmet (half-faced by Supair)
- A 2-meter radio used for safe instruction both in the air and on the ground (includes a charger)
- A radio harness to hold your radio in a position suitable for hearing while in the air and on the ground
The certification process through U.S.Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (USHPA) which as of 2018 requires a minimum of 25 to 35 flights and a list of skills (see our P2 Student Progress Record for the list of requirements). This course is essentially a “lump sum” type of payment for however many lessons are required for completion of your P2 USHPA rating. All classes purchased are for a period of one year from the date of purchase and are non-refundable. No exceptions.
This class offers a discount from paying for the intro/novice courses separately. You may use our gear for beginning lessons but most folks prefer to purchase one of the Paragliding Gear and Lessons Package initially if they know they are going to GO FOR IT!
Learning to paraglide is an amazing experience you will never regret. Come learn to sore like an eagle!
Our Teaching Philosophy
Peak to Peak Paragliding focuses on the safety and competency of the pilot. People learn at different speeds and in different ways. We feel it is our responsibility to ensure that you are taught in a manner that works for YOU. We will not rush you. We want you to be ready to fly when you fly. We do our best to make it fun as well as educational. Our highly qualified instructors are some of the best pilots/instructors in Colorado and the US west. They each bring different skills to the table and we maximize their ability to share their strengths with you.