P1-P2 Paragliding Class
The Beginner-Novice or P1-P2 Paragliding Class is designed for the individual who know they want to learn to paraglide solo and are ready to jump in completely. Our classes are offered in Boulder Colorado between May 1st and October 15th each year. Course prices for Boulder are good for one year from date of purchase. During the remaining months we offer guided tours all over the world as well as concentrated P1/P2 classes in a variety of places.
Our course cost includes:
- Initial rental of paragliding equipment until we get you set up with your own gear (we sell both new and used gear)
- Your instruction Manual (a $40 book)
- A basic paragliding helmet (half faced)
- A 2 meter radio used for safe instruction both in the air and on the ground (includes a charger)
- A radio harness to hold your radio in a position suitable for hearing while in the air and on the ground
- A lifetime 10 percent discount on paragliding equipment after your initial purchase of gear
- 5% initial discount of complete setup of gear if purchased at the time of lessons
- Oversight and grading of the P1 & P2 USHPA tests
- Theory & field instruction to complete the course
- Guidance and oversight through the P1 & P2 tests
The certification process through U.S.Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association (USHPA) requires a minimum of 25 flights and a list of skills (see our P2 Student Progress Record) for the list of requirements. This course is essentially a “lump sum” type of payment for however many lessons are required for completion of your P2 USHPA rating.
This class offers a discount from paying for the intro/novice courses separately. You may use our gear for beginning lessons but most folks prefer to purchase one of the Paragliding Gear and Lessons Package initially if they know they are going to GO FOR IT! This approach offers a further discount on the classes and gear alike (5%).
Learning to paraglide is an amazing experience you will never regret.
Our Teaching Philosophy
Peak to Peak Paragliding focuses on the safety and competency of the pilot. People learn at different speeds and in different ways. We feel it is our responsibility to ensure that you are taught in a manner that works for YOU. We will not rush you. We want you to be ready to fly when you fly. We do our best to make it fun as well as educational. Our highly qualified instructors are some of the best pilots/instructors in Colorado and the US west. They each bring different skills to the table and we maximize their ability to share their strengths with you.