VENTUS – free as the wind
Uncomplicated all-round harness
The VENTUS is a modern all-round harness that offers exceptional fun, many well-thought-out details and, above all, high levels of passive safety. In addition to a classic foam protector, there is a viscoelastic back protector. The ergonomic parachute container enables a particularly reliable deployment. We confirmed this with intensive in-house tests, which well surpassed the stipulated test procedures. Its sporty look, the ergonomic seat geometry and its small packing volume make the VENTUS the ideal companion for every flight.
Safety First. The VENTUS has a foam protector with a particularly small packing volume (between 18 and 20 cm, size M) which covers all the lumbar vertebrae and protects the pilot from the moment they put it on. Despite its compressibility, the protector does not lose its impact-absorbing properties even after years of use. A protector made by the German firm SAS-TEC is additionally fitted in the upper back area. In the case of an impact, this distributes the pressure of hard objects, such as stones or objects in the storage compartment, over a larger area. This reduces the risk of severe back injuries.
Dependable deployment. The VENTUS has an ergonomically optimised parachute container and we tested deployment in a multitude of directions. The EN standard for harnesses only stipulates that the release force for the parachute must be between 2 and 7 daN – testing deployment in different directions is not required. Additionally, this functionality was tested with significant forces on the G-Force Trainer. In an emergency the parachute may be deployed in any flying position and even with high g-forces, it will deploy reliably.
The VENTUS is aimed at all pilots who are seeking an uncomplicated, safe and innovative harness for everyday flying. The clever details ensure intuitive handling. The seat plate and harness geometry guarantee a pleasant and precise feeling in the air. Sizes S and L were specifically designed for small and large pilots. The VENTUS is suitable for instruction as well as for experienced, discerning pilots.
A summary of the most important points
- Three sizes: sizes S and L were specifically designed for small and large pilots. This means that the VENTUS covers a wide size range.
- parachute deployment was tested even with high g-forces
- deployment was tested in multiple directions
- clever details, innovative materials and an unusual design
- T-Lock buckles: the fall arrest system can save lives if the leg loop buckles have not been closed
- SAS-TEC protector at the upper back: the protector made from viscoelastic soft foam was first used in motorcycling and skiing. It is very light and guarantees excellent support and pressure distribution in the back area.
- leg loops offer maximum freedom of movement on the ground, for example during take off and groundhandling
- light, compressible foam protector – perfect for easy transport
- colour-coded buckles for intuitive operation on take-off
- extensive adjustment options on the ground and in flight
- chest strap buckle includes a whistle to attract attention
- carabiner and speed-system are pre-assembled
Manual.We have enclosed a very detailed manual which contains everything you need to know about your flying equipment. Please study it before flying your gear for the first time.
In an emergency, the pilot often has to throw their rescue when the wing is turning violently with correspondingly high g-forces. The current EN tests do not include deployment tests with high g-forces. NOVA voluntarily and intensively tests its harnesses using the G-Force Trainer – with differently sized parachutes, different pilot sizes, different lengths of connection bridles, in several deployment directions and until our testers black out…
The foam protector achieves good impact-absorption values and protects the pilot from the moment they put it on, whilst still being compressible. Naturally, it is not as small as an airbag, but still pleasingly compact.
More safety! The chest strap can only be closed with a buckle connected to the left leg loop. If the chest strap is closed, it is impossible to fall out of the harness.
Generally harnesses should not be stored in damp, wet or hot conditions. The harness should never be exposed to hazardous substances like solvents, paints, battery acid and their gases, etc.
We designed the VENTUS so that just three harness sizes would cover a large range of body sizes. Very useful for paragliding schools.
It is completely suitable for groundhandling, thanks to the whole harness geometry, leg loop configuration as well as the additional padding on the leg loops and chest strap.
The VENTUS permits an upright and slightly reclined seating position. Adjustment is easy and can be performed in the air.